RESOURCES for Educators
Educators play a vital role in the lives of young people, and we want to equip you with the tools you need to help each student thrive.
- Oklahoma State Profile
- National Sex Ed Standards
- Teaching Tool: The Gender Unicorn
- Teaching Tool: Sex Ed Dictionaries – UNHSUHED
- Professional Development: Answer Online Workshops
- Best Practices in Virtual Education
- A History of Sex Ed
- Advocates for Youth: Fact Sheets
- Educational Materials – Power to Decide
Talking tips for educators
- Keep the language simple and age-appropriate
- Know your resources and where you can direct students for more information
- Share facts, not personal values
- Use an “Anonymous Question Box” – this will give you time to think through your answers and look up appropriate answers.
- Create a safe space by setting up classroom expectations that include respect for all students
Looking for detailed information about sexual health and how to help teens access services in our community? Check out our Sexual Health Resource Guide. This guide is appropriate to share with the teens in your life.